Click on the appropriate tab below to see the Renewal Requirements, Process, Fees and Continuing Education (CE) for a Certified Chiropractic Physician Assistant.
Current licenses expired at midnight, Eastern Time, on March 31, 2020.
To ensure you receive your renewal notification from the department, your current mailing address must be on file. Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status. Failure by a delinquent licensee to renew before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate the competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
Licensees requesting to reactivate their license from inactive or retired status are required to pay additional fees and comply with specific continuing education requirements. Please contact the board office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your reactivation requirements.
If you are reactivating your license, please refer to the Laws & Rules governing your practice for additional requirements.
The department will renew your license upon receipt of:
- Completed renewal application
- Required fees
- Valid Supervising Practitioner
Any change of supervisor must be reported to the board by the Certified Chiropractic Physician Application, within 30 days of the change. You must submit this change using the Certified Chiropractic Physician’s Assistant – Change in Supervisor Form along with the required $205.00 fee.
- Go to www.flhealthsource.gov and click the “Renew A License” button.
- Enter your Personal Identifying Information (PII), then click the Login button.
- Confirm or update your MQA Services Account email address, then click the “Continue” button.
- You are now in the Dashboard. During renewals, a “Renew My License” option will populate no later than 90 days prior to your license expiration date. (Note: If you do not see the “Renew My License” option, please check back at a later time.)
*** If the “PII Failed” screen displays, click the “Other Login Option” button and enter your existing User ID and password to access your account.***
You may renew online if you have a credit or debit card to complete the transaction. Please note that you can now renew online, print a copy of your application summary and mail it with your cashier’s check or money order to:
Division of Medical Quality Assurance
P.O. Box 6320
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6320
At least 90 days before your license expires, the department will mail you a renewal notification postcard to your last known mailing address of record. You will have until midnight, Eastern Time, on the day your license expires to renew. Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status. Failure by a delinquent licensee to renew before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
You may RENEW ONLINE if:
- You do not need to change the status of your license.
- You have a credit card/debit card to complete the transaction.
- Your license status is not ‘Military, Active’.
- If you are renewing your license after the expiration date and your status still indicates ‘Clear/Active’ or ‘Clear/Inactive’ , you will be assessed a delinquency fee. The delinquency fee will be in addition to your renewal fees.
- If your license was ‘Delinquent, Active’ or ‘Delinquent, Inactive’ before the renewal deadline, it will be moved to ‘Null and Void’ status after the renewal deadline and you should contact your Board office for instruction.
You may RENEW BY MAIL if:
- You need to change the status of your license.
- You need to pay using a cashiers check or money order.
- You do NOT have a credit card/debit card to complete the transaction.
- You need to request a name change
- Your license is in ‘Military, Active’ status.
Certified check or money order should be made payable to the Florida Department of Health.
If renewing BEFORE your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$60.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$32.50|
|Active to Inactive||$32.50|
|Inactive to Active||$110.00|
|Active to Retired||$55.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$55.00|
If renewing AFTER your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$110.00*|
|Inactive to Inactive||$82.50|
|Active to Inactive||$157.50|
|Inactive to Active||$235.00|
|Active to Retired||$180.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$180.00|
If renewing 120 day Notified Delinquent, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$170.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$115.00|
|Active to Inactive||$115.00|
|Inactive to Active||$220.00|
|Active to Retired||$165.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$137.50|
Licenses become Null & Void1 on April 1, 2020.
By submitting the appropriate renewal fees to the department, a licensee acknowledges compliance with all requirements for renewal, including continuing education.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
1Null & Void -The licensed practitioner failed to renew their licensure status for two renewal cycles, resulting in their license expiring.
Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
|Required Subject Area||Required Number of Hours||Important Information|
|General Hours||22||All courses are to be completed by live classroom|
First Biennium Renewal: Chiropractic Physician Assistants licensed within the biennium and renewing a license for the first time are required to complete two (2) hours of medical errors and three (3) hours of HIV/AIDS
Board Rule Approved Providers
- All courses must be Board approved and are listed in CEBroker
- All courses are to be completed by live classroom
- Courses must be 1 hour in length
Click on Chapter or Section Number to View
Florida Administrative Code