Dear Florida Organization,
Each year, the Florida Board of Chiropractic Medicine takes an opportunity to recognize a Florida Chiropractor who is volunteering his or her talents as a chiropractor to their community in the great state of Florida. These individuals are philanthropists giving generously of themselves day-in and day-out, making this world a better place with no regard for personal gain. It is our hope that in recognizing these individuals, we can encourage others in the Chiropractic profession to do likewise, and provide opportunities to others who wish to network with these servers and lovers of our wonderful profession.
We are turning to organizations and leaders like you to help identify these individuals. Criteria for this award are straightforward:
- They must be a Florida-licensed Chiropractor, and the services that are provided benefit the public in the great state of Florida.
- They provide chiropractic care to underserved communities, volunteering their services at no charge.
Some suggestions of service:
- Volunteering their services at homeless shelters, migrant worker camps, Indian Reservations, veterans groups, etc.
- Donating services such as providing high school physicals, or serving as the team doctor for youth sports teams or fine arts programs.
- Organizing disaster relief efforts with the Red Cross, Salvation Army, Toys for Tots, Food Banks, Goodwill, or other charitable organizations.
- Providing care for indigent patients from the county health department or a church group at no charge.
We ask that you nominate one or two individuals from your membership, elucidate their community work in detail and explain why you believe their work should be recognized. The deadline for this year’s award is May 10, 2015, and nominations should be forwarded to email@example.com.
I thank you in advance for your time in this matter, and for helping make the state of Florida a truly great state in which to live.
Yours in Health,
Danita Heagy, D.C.
Vice-Chair of the Florida Board of Chiropractic Medicine